FAQ – Optical
If you have questions regarding Horizon’s Optical services, please never hesitate to call us at 704-365-0555. For your convenience, we have comprised a list of frequently asked questions below.
The optician making the eyeglasses is responsible for taking all measurements. Horizon Eye Care will be happy to take measurements for you. However, you will be charged a $40.00 fee if the glasses are not being purchased at Horizon.
Your optical purchase is a custom order that cannot be resold and therefore it is non-refundable. The order cannot be canceled after it has begun. We will, however, work with you to assure your satisfaction with the products you select during your visit.
Horizon offers a one-year manufacturer warranty on frames and lenses. Manufacturer warranties cover product defects only. Horizon also offers an Accidental warranty:
- The cost of the HEC Optical Warranty is $25.00.
- The patient is offered the option to purchase a warranty at the time of the initial order.
- The warranty covers accidental breakage on frames and accidental scratching on lenses.
- The warranty does not cover lost or stolen glasses.
- If the patient declines, he or she will still receive the Manufacturer’s Defect Warranty.
- Patients can add the warranty up to 30 days from initial purchase date.
- The warranty covers a one-time replacement on frames and non-AR coated lenses. If the patient has a Crizal (anti-reflective coating) product, he or she may receive an additional lens replacement in the second year.
If you scratch your lenses, simply stop in or call any Horizon. We will order new lenses for you.
If you damage your frames, bring them to any Horizon office. We will happily repair or replace the frames if necessary. Costs may apply if the eyeglasses are not covered under any warranty.
If you bring your prescriptions to any Horizon office, our Optical team will assist you in selecting the perfect pair of frames and lenses for your needs. Our Opticians will also be able to pull your insurance and go over all of your benefits and coverage if applicable.
The optical departments at all Horizon locations are willing and able to adjust your eyeglasses. Please understand that if the eyeglasses were not purchased at Horizon, you may be charged a nominal fee. Horizon is not responsible for any frame breakage or damage if the frame is not purchased at a Horizon location.
Rinse your eyeglasses under warm water or with a spray to remove any particles. If lotion, hairspray, or grease get on your lenses, use an alcohol-based spray or eyeglass wipes. Gently dry lenses with a cotton towel or microfiber cloth. Do not use paper towels.