- Your prescription is actively changing more than one diopter per year
- You’re pregnant or a nursing mother with unstable refractions
- You’re on certain medications; please disclose all during your consultation
- You suffer from both presbyopia and moderate to severe hyperopia
- You suffer from an uncontrolled or untreated eye disease
- You’re unwilling to accept the possible risks and complications of LASIK surgery
- You need guaranteed 20/20 vision and will accept nothing short of perfect results; no surgeon can guarantee 20/20 vision.
- Farsighted patients under 40: We can generally achieve excellent near and distant vision with LASIK.
- Farsighted patients over 40: We are typically able to improve your sight with excellent distance vision and significantly improved reading vision, although you will still need reading glasses for some activities as you age. Ask us about monovision LASIK, a specialized technique to reduce or eliminate the need for reading glasses. It works by correcting one eye for distance and the other eye for near or mid-range vision.
Topography-guided treatments (Contoura® Vision) allow your surgeon to treat measurable imperfections that are unique to your eyes. This one-of-a-kind, fingerprint-like measurement of a patient’s eyes is used by the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser to give you your best possible, personalized visual outcome in an effort to remove the need for glasses and contacts. Today’s laser vision correction advances strive to improve vision quality while reducing or eliminating some of the possible effects associated with conventional laser vision correction.